Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Anyone heard of tech zai? My iPad froze using safari and a message popped up from them. They want cc info. Is it a scam or for real?

I Was using Safari when my iPad froze. A message popped up with a number to call for an immediate fix. They sent an email with a link to an invoice and of course need my credit card information. Has anyone else experienced this? Is it a scam or for real? The email was from Tech zai.

iOS 7.1.1

Posted on Jul 25, 2015 11:40 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 25, 2015 11:54 AM

That sounds like a scam. Don't give out credit card info or click on this pop ups. Clear all website data a cookies from settings> Safari> clear history and website data.

5 replies

Jul 25, 2015 12:15 PM in response to AJ397

Thank you so much! I've done what you suggested and everything seems to be working fine. I did call the number and talk to them. I gave them the serial number of the iPad and my email address and they sent me an email with a link to an invoice to fill out my credit card info. I refused to do it and that's when I posted my question here. Do you think I should report them and if so, how?

Anyone heard of tech zai? My iPad froze using safari and a message popped up from them. They want cc info. Is it a scam or for real?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.