Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

removing airport admin utility w/revo or not

Hello: is it dangerous to use Revo uninstall free to uninstall outdated airport extreme admin utility? I have a concern that without using revo, some registry entries will interfere with proper functionning of the latest v. of the admin utility (once successfully installed).

The problem on the window-bootcamp side- is that during transmission to the airport base station, a music feed coming thru firefox, the transmission will spontaneously stop transmitting to the base station (tranmission continues locally on the computer). When I try to simply reconnect, error msg appears that "another instance of [name of base station] is already transmitting, please exit the instance." (my words of the error msg.). But there are no instances in task mgr processes. So I am upgrading the base stn software, having verified that it is not the cat-5e wiring nor 3rd-party software (itunes/airfoil). It is my computer alone, a 2nd w7 pc here transmits successfully w/o interruption, using itunes.

If anyone has encountered this problem, workarounds/fixes welcomed. This would include locating all the "instances" of the base station code where it might be running. Thank you.

MacBook Pro with Retina display, Windows 7, yosemite

Posted on Jul 25, 2015 12:52 PM

There are no replies.

removing airport admin utility w/revo or not

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.