Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I got my iPhone 5 from my wife...I am not able to complete a purchase on iTunes with this phone yet have no problem with my iPad...what do I need to do to get this corrected??

I got my iPhone 5 from my wife when she upgraded to iPhone 6...problem is I am unable to purchase anything from iTunes with the phone yet have no problem with my iPad...keeps wanting me to verify billing info which I do and it's all correct...verification fails...what do I do???

iPhone 5, iOS 8.4

Posted on Jul 25, 2015 1:43 PM

1 reply

Jul 27, 2015 12:04 PM in response to duckydoo969

Hello duckydoo969,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!

I understand that you are unable to verify your payment method on your iPhone while the same payment method works on your iPad. To troubleshoot this situation, I would advice working though the steps in the attached article.

The steps were written to be completed in iTunes on a computer, but I would like you to complete the steps on your iPhone. You will navigate to Settings > iTunes & App Store > select Apple ID for options. Where the article says View My Account, your iPhone will show View Apple ID.

iTunes Store: My credit card's security code or zip code does not match my bank's records - Apple Support

Have a great day

I got my iPhone 5 from my wife...I am not able to complete a purchase on iTunes with this phone yet have no problem with my iPad...what do I need to do to get this corrected??

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.