Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to get new songs onto iPod nano?

I purchased a new laptop and set up iTunes on it, then purchased a couple of new songs from the iTunes store. I transferred all my songs from iTunes on my old computer to iTunes on my new laptop, but I can't get my newly purchased songs onto my iPod. How do I get new songs to go onto my iPod? I have a 6th generation iPod nano and use Windows 8 on my laptop.

iPod nano, Windows 8, 6th Generation iPod

Posted on Jul 25, 2015 1:19 PM

3 replies

Jul 27, 2015 11:53 AM in response to confusedmissus

Hey confusedmissus,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities.

It sounds like you have recently moved your iTunes library to a new computer, and now there's an issue syncing some purchased content to your iPod nano. The article below will walk you through the process of authorizing the computer so that iTunes can play and sync the music.

Authorize your computer in iTunes - Apple Support

This article outlines the steps for syncing music to your iPod nano with iTunes.

Sync your iPhone, iPad, and iPod with iTunes using USB - Apple Support

So long.

Jul 27, 2015 3:54 PM in response to confusedmissus

Hi Jason,

Thanks for the reply. I actually managed to figure out how to fix the problem myself. I had already done the authorizing of my computer process but it still wasn't syncing my new songs onto my iPod. When I was reading through the online manual for my iPod I came across this:

Set iTunes to manage content manually: 1 In iTunes Preferences, click Devices, and then select “Prevent iPods, iPhones, and iPads from syncing automatically.” 2 In iTunes, select iPod nano in the device list and click the Summary tab. 3 In the Options section, select “Manually manage music.” 4 Click Apply.

When you manually manage content on iPod nano, you must always eject iPod nano from iTunes before you disconnect it. See “Eject iPod nano:” on page 13.

Add a song or other item manually: 1 In iTunes, click Music or another item below Library on the left side of the iTunes window. 2 Drag a song or other item to iPod nano in the device list.

It worked great!

Thanks again for your reply.

How to get new songs onto iPod nano?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.