Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Over Capacity

I unplugged my iPod touch from the wall charger and shut it off. Upon turning it back on, all music and videos had been wiped from it and it now says I have run out of room. I haven't added anything recently and before this whole incident I actually had over 20GB free. How do I fix this and should I "restore to factory settings" and start over?

MacBook Pro, iOS 6.1.1

Posted on Jul 25, 2015 6:33 PM

4 replies

Jul 25, 2015 6:44 PM in response to Beckysbombers23

If you have everything backed up, then yes you could reset to factory settings. You could also see if doing a simple reset would work by holding the sleep/wake and home button at the same time until the apple logo. By any chance did you have wifi sync enabled, where maybe something went wrong with it was syncing, because it was plugged into a power source?

Jul 26, 2015 1:35 AM in response to Beckysbombers23

An "other" larger than about 1 1/2 GB indicates corrupted files.

What is the Other on my iPhone and How to Remove It

What is "Other" and What Can I Do About It?

Next, usually restoring from backup eliminated the corrupted files. However, sometimes restoring to factory settings/new iPod is required.

To restore from backup see:

iOS: How to back up

To restore to factory settings/new iPod see:

iTunes: Restoring iOS software

Over Capacity

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.