Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I copy (cull) items from a master list?

I have a master 2do list of hundreds of items but I'd like to create new lists (or tables or charts) for each day to track my daily progress. I'd like the master list to remain unchanged when forming the daily list, but then (ideally) to be updated when the daily list changes. Help? Am I asking Numbers to do tricks for which it's not designed? Maybe another program does this more easily? (I have intermediate skills in programs like Numbers, but only basic programming skills.) Thanks!

MacBook Air, OS X Yosemite (10.10.4)

Posted on Jul 25, 2015 6:34 PM

3 replies

Jul 26, 2015 2:40 AM in response to dksez

Hi dksez,

You can filter a master list with a couple of rules. Activate or deactivate the filter by clicking on the checkbox marked in red.

User uploaded file

Decide on an urgency level for each day and enter it in Rule 2.

There are other rules such as 'between' or 'not between' if these suit you better.

Filters active:

User uploaded file

You can select the filtered list and copy to another table, or print.

Regards,

Ian.

Jul 26, 2015 8:51 AM in response to dksez

Hi dksez,

Here is an approach that searches on a due date. It uses an index column in the data table.

User uploaded file

The index column counts rows that are past the due data and incomplete. This formula is filled down from E3. Row 2 is unique to start the count.

E2 =IF(AND(B2<Summary::B1,D2=FALSE),1,0)

User uploaded file

INDEX() MATCH() is used to retrieve the relevant rows. This formula is filled down and across. I would use a filter to hide the rows where match returns an error.

Hope this is what you are looking for.

quinn

How do I copy (cull) items from a master list?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.