Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone 5C screen is no longer working

I'm having some problems with my phones screen. Earlier today I was outside in the heat for a few hours, with my phone on the inside of my leggings near my hip, because they don't have pockets. I took my phone out to take a picture and it seemed fine, but seconds later it went black and wouldn't turn on. I assumed it was due to overheating, so i brought it inside and left it to cool off. About an hour later i tried to turn it back on, and it did seem to go on, but there was a big red bar in the middle of the screen, which then just faded to a sort of blue colour. It still seemed to be kind of working, because when i turned the switch to go from ringer to silent on and off it would vibrate like usual. I waited a while longer and tried again, but got the same red bar then blue screen. It looks like part of the screen is a light blue and the other part is darker, with a grey bar along the top. I plugged it in to my computer, and I put it in recovery mode and am currently restoring it. Any ideas whats going on, and if it will be under warranty if it does need fixing?

iPhone 5c

Posted on Jul 25, 2015 4:17 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 25, 2015 4:21 PM

Plug it in to the charger and let it charge for about 15 minutes, then do a reboot by holding both the power and home buttons until the apple logo appears, about 10-40 seconds, then release both buttons and let it continue the restart.

If that does not work, take it to an Apple store genius bar and have the techs check it out.

11 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 25, 2015 4:21 PM in response to Neekeii

Plug it in to the charger and let it charge for about 15 minutes, then do a reboot by holding both the power and home buttons until the apple logo appears, about 10-40 seconds, then release both buttons and let it continue the restart.

If that does not work, take it to an Apple store genius bar and have the techs check it out.

Jul 25, 2015 4:36 PM in response to Neekeii

If anyone but Apple or an Apple Authorized Service Provider works on the iPhone, as in opens it, Apple will no longer provide any support or service. There have been a couple users just today with problems after a third-party installed a battery, but now Apple will not help them.

You can contact Apple Support through http://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201232 to find out if they would rather you sent it in.

Iphone 5C screen is no longer working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.