Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

HBO Now wont work on my apple TV

I can't get HBO NOW to work on my apple TV. It's stuck on the Accessing NBO NOW screen. Ive turned it off and on again. I've tried to do an update, but it keeps saying update couldn't be downloaded at this time. Not sure what else to do, any suggestions?

Apple TV

Posted on Jul 25, 2015 5:59 PM

1 reply

Jul 27, 2015 2:59 PM in response to mgrass90

Hello there mgrass90,

It sounds like you are unable to access your HBONow app on the Apple TV. I would verify that this is the process you used to restart the Apple TV, because you may have just been putting it to sleep, rather than actually rebooting it:

How to restart your Apple TV

On your Apple TV, go to Settings > General > Restart.

User uploaded file

Get help

If your Apple TV doesn't repsond when you try to restart it, hold down the Menu and Down buttons on your Apple Remote for 6 seconds, then release when the indicator light on your Apple TV starts blinking. Or unplug your Apple TV, wait 3 seconds, and plug it back in.

If so then I would reach out to HBO support outlined in this article:

Contact Apple TV content providers

HBO NOW

As a last resort you can also restore your Apple TV with iTunes on your computer:

Restore your Apple TV (2nd and 3rd generation)

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

HBO Now wont work on my apple TV

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.