Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Monitor flickers when using trackpad

8 month-old MacBook Air, running Yosemite v10.10.3

Apple Thunderbold monitor, 27", also only 8 months old

Apple Magic Trackpad

My monitor suddenly started flickering whenever I move my finger and the cursor across the page in a browser. Happens with both Safari and Firefox. I've updated both browsers to the latest versions, but it didn't help. Happens in all browser sites, not any particular one. Doesn't seem to happen on any apps.

Is this a monitor issue, a trackpad issue, or does it have to do with the laptop itself? Back in 2010 and 2011 there were lots of complaints that this was happening with the MacBook Pros, so I'm wondering if it could be a computer problem.

And what should I do to fix it?

MacBook Air

Posted on Jul 25, 2015 5:31 PM

1 reply

Jul 27, 2015 2:38 PM in response to reneefromalameda

Greetings reneefromalameda,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!

I understand that you are noticing some display issues while using an internet browser on your Mac. To troubleshoot this display issue, i would suggest working through the steps outlined under the No video or no signal, image distortion, "snow," or flickering heading in the attached article.

Apple computers: Troubleshooting issues with video on internal or external displays - Apple Support

Cheers

Monitor flickers when using trackpad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.