Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Does Bootcamp have drivers for Windows 10 ?

I have a mid-2012 MacBook Pro running Version 10.10.4 with half the hard drive partitioned with Bootcamp and running Windows-7 Professional for school. I have been offered the free upgrade from Microsoft of Windows 10 which is being released to the public July 29th, 2015.

My question is this: Is Mac working on drivers for Bootcamp for Windows 10?

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.4), Bootcamp Drivers

Posted on Jul 25, 2015 6:10 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 25, 2015 6:15 PM

There are no official W10 drivers yet. If you upgrade , make good backups before you upgrade.

13 replies

Jul 30, 2015 6:33 PM in response to Piglet@67

Bootcamp 5.1 worked for release day Windows 10 64bit for both home and pro on my MacBook Pro 2012 machines. This install used the media creation tool to download and update Windows 7 in place.

It horribly crashed and burned when applied to a MacMini. I did a Windows 10 recovery and tried again with Bootcamp 5.1. This time before the necessary reboot after installing bootcamp drivers, I looked at the installed driver packages in the uninstall dialog. Only about 10 items were installed. Bootcamp usually installs about miscellaneous removable packages. After the reboot from the second format and install I get a the same screen complaining about CACHE_MANAGER problems. If you need bootcamp drivers on a MacMini, you should probably wait until a newer version comes out, or not install bootcamp drivers.

You may get it to work ok, but I expect you'll find more issues along the way until something newer than 5.1 is released.

Aug 6, 2015 1:20 PM in response to bholtzkener

It didn't do that to me. I have a 2012 MBP with 16GB non retina. I started with W7 and did the in place W10 upgrade using the Microsoft W10 downloader exe. When complete I then installed bootcamp. I uninstalled the Intel Extensions and Video Drivers included with bootcamp as suggested here https://www.seebenclick.com/sbc-services/get-windows-10-on-your-mac/ . Bootcamp drivers on W10 Release Day are old. If you leave the old Intel Extensions installed you will probably have blue screen problems. I was able to reliably blue screen on multiple computers just by plugging in a usb2 flash disk into a usb3 controller until the old bootcamp intel extensions were uninstalled. Uninstall before the reboot requested after the bootcamp install.

Aug 11, 2015 6:46 AM in response to Sangos

I ask because I went through the process and found the following issues:

Magic mouse touch does't work. The mouse does though.

Also the mic on my Apple earbuds does not seem to work in W10 and the current Bootcamp.

I get BSoD's when loading, but W10 eventually loads, so far. I think these are attributed to USB or thunderbolt devices that are not being handled properly.

There seems to be some good stuff though.

I have a Belkin thunderbolt dock which would only pass through the video to the HDMI monitor in W7. Now all the USB devices work well. Possibly that's what's causing the BSoD.

Aug 11, 2015 6:49 AM in response to Sangos

I ask because I went through the process and found the following issues:

Magic mouse touch does't work. The mouse does though.

Also the mic on my Apple earbuds does not seem to work in W10 and the current Bootcamp.

I'm sure there are others...

I get BSoD's when loading, but W10 eventually loads, so far. I think these are attributed to USB or thunderbolt devices that are not being handled properly.

There seems to be some good stuff too.

I have a Belkin thunderbolt dock (1) which would only pass through the video to the HDMI monitor in W7. Now all the USB devices work well. Possibly that's what's causing the BSoD.

Does Bootcamp have drivers for Windows 10 ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.