Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ipad mini 3 - refurbished

Hi!

i just recently bought this ipadmini3 wifi 16gb (a week ago). since day one, i cannot put the apple id. was not able to open the Apps store also.

i noticed that, when we bought this, there are alot of photos in it- 236 nos. default pics they say- and games downloaded already. there is FB on it, i log in to my account but i cannot start on the messenger as i cannot download it too. i returned the ipad mini3 from where i bought 7 days after. and they said they will fix it.

im not sure how to get my refund with this people. i do not like to be fixed because it has to be "NEW" only refund is what i like now. but they are not willing to do so.

how do i catch them that this is a refurbished one and not authentic? please help. thanks

iPad Mini

Posted on Jul 26, 2015 2:55 AM

1 reply

Jul 26, 2015 12:07 PM in response to rowenaps

It sounds like there's a previous user's account on there- i.e. activation lock, the original owner should follow this information iCloud: Remove your device from Find My iPhone

You could also try resetting to factory defaults to see if you can activate as new with your ID but imo I don't think this will work unless the device has been removed from the original user's account & deactivated from find my iPhone/iPad.

I suspect that the seller doesnt have this information so may hack the device to get it to work if possible, but if there's an activation lock then no hack will work so you should get your money back or another one if the seller is legitimate.

ipad mini 3 - refurbished

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.