Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I cannot get rid of proxy from my computer

I was able to download videos using different programs on Chrome and Firefox. After I used some proxy programs on Firefox and Chrome, I can no longer download videos. I think it's a proxy problem. When I went to Chrome Inspector and checked media, the video URL address kept having "proxy[...]" in front of the actual address, so I suspect a proxy problem. I removed all the proxy programs but I think my computer is still "infected" by one or more of these proxy programs. How do I check to see whether these proxy programs are still on my computer and get rid of them. I went to Network, and chose "advanced" and "proxy" and then I unchecked all the boxes include "auto proxy discovery" and I chose "Passive FTP mode".

I restarted my computer, but when I check again, the address is still "proxy[...]" and I can't download videos off the web using the downloading programs.

So I am stuck and I don't know what to do.

What I want is to go back to what I was doing in the past, which was able to download these videos using Chrome and Firefox. I don't want to use a proxy program ever again.

MBA v 3.2, 256GB SSD, 2.13GHz, 4GB-OTHER, Other OS, 10.6.8

Posted on Jul 25, 2015 11:59 PM

There are no replies.

I cannot get rid of proxy from my computer

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.