Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sorenson Squeeze 4

Hello:

I am trying to get a four minute FCP movie onto a client's web site. There are quite a few filters, effects, transitions, etc... and I can't get good quality and still keep the size of the file down. I have it at 33 MB...and...it still doesn't look very good.

Any direction here...or point me to another web site that might take me through the settings? Thanks.

Mac G5 Mac OS X (10.3.9) Final Cut Pro 4

Posted on Oct 31, 2006 2:49 PM

5 replies

Nov 3, 2006 10:39 AM in response to Motoduc84

A good place to start reducing your file size is frames per second and audio.
For audio out put I usually make sure it's set to mono and I use the QDesign2 codec.
FPS depending on how much motion is in my video I will start at half of what the current frame rate and see how it looks.

Encoding is alot of poking at it to maximize your quality while minimizing your file size.

Encoding just a small chunk of your video to see if you have the right settings will save you time also.

Nov 3, 2006 10:47 AM in response to Motoduc84

For high quality and low file size, you might want to look into the QuickTime h.264 codec. Personally, I use Flash (for maximum accessibility and design options).

Here's a 10-minute Flash video I encoded with Sorenson Squeeze:

http://mediabarn.southcentral.edu/archive/cim_promo.html

It's 25MB, but downloads progressively so that it starts playing right away. I used the On2 VP6 codec (seperate purchase), but you can get similar results using the Sorenson Spark codec (included). Try the .flv Med preset. Encoding video and embedding it in websites takes a while to learn. There's some more info on Flash video here:

http://www.adobe.com/devnet/flash/articles/video_guide.html

Good luck,

Zap

Sorenson Squeeze 4

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.