Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

when I delete the end of a region, the whole region moves

Hi

This is probably something obvious I'm missing - at least I hope so.

When I cut a section out from a region, the region moves forward in time, by the same amount I've cut, to "fill the gap". Of course this puts the track before the edited section out of sync.

I've been editing using Logic for a few years and it's never behaved like this before. It's very annoying and makes working pretty much impossible.

Can't find anything in help. What am I missing?

Only seems to have happened since I changed to a new Macbook Pro with Yosemite. Specs are MBP 2.8g/16g/1TB OSX 10.10.4, Logic 10.1.1

Thanks all

Macbook Pro, Mac OS X (10.4.6)

Posted on Jul 26, 2015 3:44 AM

6 replies

Jul 26, 2015 6:35 AM in response to BenB

Hi Ben

Yes I can do that, but often I'll cut a piece out from the middle of a region, which is a different thing.

If I pick it up and take it to the end of the track, the end part of the region moves over to fill the gap. If I cut it completely, the beginning section moves forward to fiill the gap. I want to be able to chop stuff up and move it around myself without Logic moving anything at all.

Jul 26, 2015 12:08 PM in response to JimShatner

Check the settings for the Drag Parameter in the popup menu in the upper right corner of the Main Window.

Make sure that Shuffle L or Shuffle R is not selected ... or even better, read in the manual to learn what those very important settings do.

User uploaded file

Hope that helps

Edgar Rothermich - LogicProGEM.com

(Author of the "Graphically Enhanced Manuals")

http://DingDingMusic.com/Manuals/

'I may receive some form of compensation, financial or otherwise, from my recommendation or link.'

Jul 26, 2015 4:24 PM in response to JimShatner

JimShatner wrote:

Manual? What's a manual?😁

What is a manual? Funny you ask.

If you are curious, on my website www.LogicProGEM you can find those "manuals", that I have especially written for Logic. For example, "Logic Pro X - How it Works", or "Logic Pro X - The Details". They come in different forms: printed books, pdf files, or interactive multi-touch iBooks.

And here is what you will find if you look up Drag Menu or Shuffle L in my manual:

User uploaded file

when I delete the end of a region, the whole region moves

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.