Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Keynote 6.5.3 doesn't display animations in real-time in presenter view

Hi everyone,

I've searched on the forums and on google and can't seem to find an answer to this. I thought perhaps it isn't a feature but there are a couple of websites that show videos of animations being displayed in presenter view. Such as this one: http://presentationmagic.com/2014/04/02/presenterdisplay/or https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lqEem1e162o

I know the 'ready to advance' indicator is there, but I use a lot of magic move and other transitions and builds, and it would be much more helpful and intuitive (and safer - I've accidentally clicked too early a few times) to actually see what's being shown on screen, in the presenter view. I have my back to the screen where the presentation's being projected on, and I'd feel much more in control if I could see what was actually being displayed in real time rather than looking at a green or red bar! Powerpoint can do this, so I don't think it's a hardware thing. Thanks so much for your help,

Dhamidhu

2013 Macbook Air i7

MacBook Air, OS X Yosemite (10.10.4), null

Posted on Jul 26, 2015 6:02 AM

1 reply

Jul 26, 2015 8:19 AM in response to superdha

there are a couple of websites that show videos of animations being displayed in presenter view.

The videos on the websites are misleading its viewers, it states it shows Keynote in Presenter Display, when it is not. It is in fact showing Keynote in Rehearse Slideshow, Keynote is not in Presenter Screen, and it is not in Play.

You can see the mouse clicking on Rehearse Slideshow at the start of the video. Both videos are by the same person, who apparently wants to announce a feature that doesn't exist.

User uploaded file

Keynote 6.5.3 doesn't display animations in real-time in presenter view

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.