Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I plugged my ipod 5 in last night to charge and it was working fine and then this morning when i woke up i went to go on it and it wont turn on? I've tried the home and on button trick and plugging it to a computer but it wont work.

Last night i was scrolling on my ipod after a will i plugged it in to charge and went to sleep and it was still working. When i woke up this morning i grabbed to to go on it but i wouldnt turn on. I tried pressing the on and home button at the same time but it doesnt work neither does plugging it to a computer. When it plugged it to the computer inothing pop up to say trust this device of files and pictures would open so i dont know what to do anymore???

iPod touch (5th generation)

Posted on Jul 26, 2015 5:57 AM

2 replies

Jul 28, 2015 6:00 AM in response to emlemix

Hi emlemix,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!

I understand that your iPod touch (5th generation) is no longer responding and is unable to power on. To begin troubleshooting this issue, I would suggest reading over and working through the suggested steps in the attached article below.

If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch doesn't respond or doesn't turn on - Apple Support

Best regards

Jul 28, 2015 6:00 AM in response to emlemix

Force your device to start. To do this, press Sleep/Wake and Home buttons and hold them for at least 10 seconds.

Try to reset your device. This won't delete your data stored on the phone.

• Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button
  • Press and hold on the Home button
  • Keep holding both buttons until the display turns off and back on with Apple logo on it.

If this does not help, take a look these Apple Support articles:

If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch doesn't respond or doesn't turn on - Apple Support

Use iTunes to restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings - Apple Support.

As a final step, try the recovery mode. Turn your device off, then plug it to your computer with the home button pressed. Keep the Home button pressed until you see the iTunes logo on the screen of your iPhone. After that on your computer you should see the iTunes window saying your iPhone needs to be restored to factory settings. Click on the restore button.

More info here: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201263

I plugged my ipod 5 in last night to charge and it was working fine and then this morning when i woke up i went to go on it and it wont turn on? I've tried the home and on button trick and plugging it to a computer but it wont work.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.