Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ipod nano 6th generation won't sync

I have tried several times to sync my iPod today. Sometimes it doesn't register on iTunes, even though it does with windows. I have to restart my computer to get it to work.

When it does register, it says it can't sync because there is too much to do so. When I change the settings to only sync certain items, it tries to sync, but then says it can't find my ipod. And then I can't see it in iTunes anymore.

I tried to steps on the help page.

I restarted the computer, restarted the iPod using the sleep and volume down button, checked my drivers for the iPod and USB, I am using my highspeed port, I removed all my other devices from USB ports.

I tried to completely erase it, but it did the same thing as when I tried to sync.

It is clearly out of warranty- should I just give up?

Windows 7

Posted on Jul 26, 2015 8:39 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 7, 2016 4:03 PM

Greetings MamaDragonBoy,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!

I understand that you are having issues syncing your iPod nano (6th generation) with iTunes on your Windows computer. It sounds like you have tried a lot of great troubleshooting already and the issue continues. Don’t give up, we are here to help!

To further troubleshoot the situation, even though it sounds like you have completed most of these steps already, I would suggest reading over and working through the steps outlined in the attached article below.

iPhone, iPad, or iPod not recognized in iTunes for Windows - Apple Support

You also mentioned that you tried to delete it, iTunes I am assuming, and that didn’t help either. I think you are on a good path here, but I want to make sure that you deleted iTunes correctly. When removing iTunes from a Windows computer, there are several components that must be removed with the iTunes program itself and in the correct order. Please look over the next attached article to ensure this was done properly. If not, please uninstall according to the instructions and install again.

Remove and reinstall iTunes and related software components for Windows Vista, Windows 7, or Windows 8 - Apple Support

Remove iTunes as well as its related components from the Control Panel

Use the Control Panel to uninstall iTunes and related software components in the following order:

1. iTunes
  2. Apple Software Update
  3. Apple Mobile Device Support
  4. Bonjour
  5. Apple Application Support (iTunes 9 or later). On some systems, iTunes might install two versions of Apple Application Support. This is expected. If both are present, be sure to uninstall both versions.

Don't uninstall these components in a different order, or only uninstall some of them. Doing so might have unintended effects.

Cheers

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 7, 2016 4:03 PM in response to MamaDragonBoy

Greetings MamaDragonBoy,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!

I understand that you are having issues syncing your iPod nano (6th generation) with iTunes on your Windows computer. It sounds like you have tried a lot of great troubleshooting already and the issue continues. Don’t give up, we are here to help!

To further troubleshoot the situation, even though it sounds like you have completed most of these steps already, I would suggest reading over and working through the steps outlined in the attached article below.

iPhone, iPad, or iPod not recognized in iTunes for Windows - Apple Support

You also mentioned that you tried to delete it, iTunes I am assuming, and that didn’t help either. I think you are on a good path here, but I want to make sure that you deleted iTunes correctly. When removing iTunes from a Windows computer, there are several components that must be removed with the iTunes program itself and in the correct order. Please look over the next attached article to ensure this was done properly. If not, please uninstall according to the instructions and install again.

Remove and reinstall iTunes and related software components for Windows Vista, Windows 7, or Windows 8 - Apple Support

Remove iTunes as well as its related components from the Control Panel

Use the Control Panel to uninstall iTunes and related software components in the following order:

1. iTunes
  2. Apple Software Update
  3. Apple Mobile Device Support
  4. Bonjour
  5. Apple Application Support (iTunes 9 or later). On some systems, iTunes might install two versions of Apple Application Support. This is expected. If both are present, be sure to uninstall both versions.

Don't uninstall these components in a different order, or only uninstall some of them. Doing so might have unintended effects.

Cheers

ipod nano 6th generation won't sync

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.