Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Time capsule no wifi signal to connect

I Have the 2nd to latest version of the AirPort Extreme/time capsule (not the most recent)

it has not been backing up with time machine for about a year, and I have not made time to trouble shoot it. Recently the internet went out, meaning there is no signal (Internet box and connection are fine, just plug in computer and works) To explain, all of our devices are searching for the network, but the network no longer exists (just disappeared). I tried to re- set it up, but no device sees the capsule so that's not possible. Tried hitting and holding the reset to perform a hard reset. Still no network connection. Amber light is on....

fyi internet is working just fine because because I have since set up my airport express (which was previously used for music play)

Posted on Jul 26, 2015 7:07 AM

2 replies

Jul 26, 2015 7:19 AM in response to Ovfdfireman

Amber light is on....

Hopefully, you mean to say that the amber light is blinking slowly.

If the amber light is solid, one of two things...and possibly both....have occurred:

1) The hard drive has failed

2) The internal power supply has failed

Unfortunately, Apple considers the Time Capsule a sealed unit, so they do not offer repairs or repair parts for the Time Capsule.

However, if you have AppleCare in effect on one of your Macs.......AND......the Time Capsule is less than 3 years old, Apple will replace the Time Capsule for you at no charge. Make an appointment at an Apple Store.....if you have one near you.....or contact Apple Support directly. Click the link below to get started.

Contact Us

Time capsule no wifi signal to connect

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.