Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can find Join CD command itunes 12.2.1 on Windows 8

I am running itunes 12.2.1.16 on a Win 8 machine. I want import some Audiobooks into itunes and want to use the Join CD command to join all the tracks on each disc. I cannot find Join CD on this version of itunes. The Help info seems to be wrong as the Options button referred is not there and the Options shown on the CD import screen does not offer Join CD as a selection. Can someone help me find this or tell me what I am doing wrong. Many thanks

Posted on Jul 26, 2015 6:07 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 26, 2015 8:42 AM

iTunes will allow your to join tracks during CD Import if - and only if:

• The tracks of the CD are sorted in ascending track order - to do this, you must click on the unlabeled column heading above the track numbers so that the "^" symbol is displayed on the right-hand side of the column heading, as follows:
    User uploaded file
    sorting on any other column, even if the resulting order is the same, will disable Join Tracks.
  • All tracks, or a subset of consecutive tracks, are selected (if you're importing the complete CD, ctrl-A will do this)

When these two conditions are satisfied the Join CD Tracks function will be available in the Options dropdown.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 26, 2015 8:42 AM in response to ajmoorhouse

iTunes will allow your to join tracks during CD Import if - and only if:

• The tracks of the CD are sorted in ascending track order - to do this, you must click on the unlabeled column heading above the track numbers so that the "^" symbol is displayed on the right-hand side of the column heading, as follows:
    User uploaded file
    sorting on any other column, even if the resulting order is the same, will disable Join Tracks.
  • All tracks, or a subset of consecutive tracks, are selected (if you're importing the complete CD, ctrl-A will do this)

When these two conditions are satisfied the Join CD Tracks function will be available in the Options dropdown.

Can find Join CD command itunes 12.2.1 on Windows 8

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.