Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

zdurnalab.info telling me to update. is freezing safari

zdurnalab.info is aking me to update and freezes safari. why?

iMac, OS X Yosemite (10.10.4)

Posted on Jul 26, 2015 9:15 AM

2 replies

Jul 26, 2015 12:49 PM in response to rick310

The site has probably been breached, or some affiliate web site or associated ad network has been compromised — this is probably a JavaScript loop — and may be using this JavaScript loop to serve malware.

There've been sites around — some breached, some rogue sites — that claim problems with OS X, and the usual goal is to encourage the user into installing some usually-undesirable software onto the Mac.

Quit Safari, and restart it, and see if Safari is now accessible. If the problem persists after restarting Safari, then quit again and hold the shift key when restarting Safari. If you can't quit Safari directly, try quitting via clicking on the Safari icon in the Dock. If you can't quit via the Dock, then press and hold the Option key while clicking on the Safari icon in the Dock, and select Force Quit from the pop-up.

Then... Stay away from that web site, at least until they get their security sorted out.

zdurnalab.info telling me to update. is freezing safari

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.