Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to portforward, FIOS Router going in to Airport extreme?

I would like to portforward for games such as Minecraft etc.

I'm wirelessly connected to my network, which originates from a FiOS router connected to an airport extreme.

Do I portforward as if I was using a FiOS router through the Verizon admin page (192.68.1.1), or I do use the Apple utility system?

Also, I can't log in to the Verizon admin page, the default username and password don't work, even though I've reset both the Verizon and Apple routers to default settings. Please help, I'd just like to be able to portforward and I'm desperate.

Thanks so much.

Posted on Jul 26, 2015 11:12 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 26, 2015 11:23 AM

Port Forwarding must be setup on the Fios router. The AirPort Extreme should be setup in a Router Mode setting of "Off (Bridge Mode)" since you have another router.....the Fios....."upstream" on your network. In Bridge Mode, the AirPort simply acts as a pass through device for the settings that are generated by the Fios router. No other adjustments are needed on the AirPort.

User uploaded file

If you are having difficulty accessing the admin settings on the Fios, you will need to contact Fios Support in that regard. You can ask them how to set up Port Forwarding as well when you call.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 26, 2015 11:23 AM in response to AhmedA77

Port Forwarding must be setup on the Fios router. The AirPort Extreme should be setup in a Router Mode setting of "Off (Bridge Mode)" since you have another router.....the Fios....."upstream" on your network. In Bridge Mode, the AirPort simply acts as a pass through device for the settings that are generated by the Fios router. No other adjustments are needed on the AirPort.

User uploaded file

If you are having difficulty accessing the admin settings on the Fios, you will need to contact Fios Support in that regard. You can ask them how to set up Port Forwarding as well when you call.

How to portforward, FIOS Router going in to Airport extreme?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.