Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone Podcast Volume is Buggy

This started happening to me about a week or so ago (about July 20, 2015).

I start a podcast, and the volume is low. I hit the "go back 15 seconds button", and the audio rewinds 15 seconds and starts playing at what I consider a "normal volume".

Also, here's what I experience: I have a set of podcasts on my on-the-go playlist. One podcast ends (I already did that "rewind" trick on that one, so the audio was fine), and the next one starts. The new podcast ALSO has low volume. If I do the "rewind" trick, then the volume comes back to an acceptable level.

As far as I can tell, I am current on all software as of July 26 2015. I just upgraded the OS last night, and the problem persists.

It's really annoying. Any ideas?

iPhone 6, iOS 8.4

Posted on Jul 26, 2015 8:48 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 29, 2015 10:09 AM

I have the same problem and want to add my own troubleshooting info:

1. I began experiencing the problem at least 2+ months ago.
  2. The problem seems to occur when running the first podcast after starting the Podcast App. All subsequent podcasts from different subcriptions work fine, at least immediately after the problematic first podcast.
  3. If multiple podcasts from the same subscription are listened to one after the other, the problem persists through subsequent podcasts.
  4. I was able to recreate the problem again after removing the App from the "Task Manager (double button click and swipe)" and then opening the Podcast app again.
  5. This appears to happen whether or not the podcast in downloaded first or streamed from the Internet.
  6. It occurs on the start of the podcast and every time I press play after having paused a podcast.
  7. Pressing the 15 second rewind or forward buttons temporarily fixes the problem until the pause button is pressed again or a new podcast is started.
  8. Temp solution: Pressing the rewind button and then the forward button, or vise-verse, will increase the volume without changing your position in the podcast.
  9. I tried to submit a bug report about this, but cannot find where to do so officially.
6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 29, 2015 10:09 AM in response to maxbigdog

I have the same problem and want to add my own troubleshooting info:

1. I began experiencing the problem at least 2+ months ago.
  2. The problem seems to occur when running the first podcast after starting the Podcast App. All subsequent podcasts from different subcriptions work fine, at least immediately after the problematic first podcast.
  3. If multiple podcasts from the same subscription are listened to one after the other, the problem persists through subsequent podcasts.
  4. I was able to recreate the problem again after removing the App from the "Task Manager (double button click and swipe)" and then opening the Podcast app again.
  5. This appears to happen whether or not the podcast in downloaded first or streamed from the Internet.
  6. It occurs on the start of the podcast and every time I press play after having paused a podcast.
  7. Pressing the 15 second rewind or forward buttons temporarily fixes the problem until the pause button is pressed again or a new podcast is started.
  8. Temp solution: Pressing the rewind button and then the forward button, or vise-verse, will increase the volume without changing your position in the podcast.
  9. I tried to submit a bug report about this, but cannot find where to do so officially.

iPhone Podcast Volume is Buggy

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.