Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MY IPHONE 5C SCREEN GOT DAMAGED

I have purchased I phone 5C recently. My screen got damaged due to small accident.Service center has unable to replace screen.They are offering exchange scheme to buy new one after payment of INR 20,200/- which is big amount.I am not able to pay.I need screen to be replaced.They can charge me for screen

iPhone 5c, iOS 8.1.2

Posted on Jul 26, 2015 10:26 AM

9 replies

Jul 26, 2015 12:34 PM in response to manohar5471

The screen can generally only be replaced by an Apple Store genius bar BUT not in India

This is the only option in India for service out of warranty

What type of damages are not covered by my warranty?

Apple's Limited Warranty for iPhone excludes coverage for damage resulting from accident, disassembly, unauthorized service and unauthorized modifications. Please review the warranty for further details.

An iPhone that is ineligible for warranty service may be eligible for out-of-warranty (OOW) service. For example, an iPhone that has failed due to damage or liquid damage is ineligible for warranty service but eligible for OOW service. However, certain damage is ineligible for OOW service, including catastrophic damage, such as the device separating into multiple pieces, and inoperability caused by unauthorized modifications. Please see Apple's Repair Terms and Conditions for further details. Refer to this article to check if the Liquid Contact indicator on your product has been triggered.

Jul 26, 2015 9:50 PM in response to wegras

Dear Mr.Wegras.

I do not agree with reply.

My phone is under warantee.It was purchased on 3rd June 2015.I am aware

that screen damage is not covered under warantee.

Hence I am asking screen to be changed on chargable basis.

Why service center is asking to replace(Under exchange scheme) mobile with

the huge charge of INR 20,200/- I want to change my screen only not the

phone.

While buying the apple product no one explains warantee clauses of apple.

When it comes to service part everyone comes with

apple policy why?

Why apple can not change the screen in India when they are selling their

all products in India?

I do not appreciate these policies of apple.

Regards

Manohar Hirani

On Mon, Jul 27, 2015 at 1:04 AM, Apple Support Communities Updates <

MY IPHONE 5C SCREEN GOT DAMAGED

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.