Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

File conversion problem

Hi everyone

I wonder if you could give me some technical advice. I have shot some footage in HD and have H.264 clips. Have been trying to convert toAPPLEUser uploaded file ProRes 422 (HQ) to edit using Compressor, FCP media manager and from the time line and even tried optimising in iMovie .

In iMovie it just gets stuck. With every other attempt at conversion the clips flash with green frames. When I look at the original clips the clips in Quicktime Player they seem corrupted with odd lines. Is this a fault with the camera? I am using a MacBook Pro OSX 10.6.8.

Any help appreciated.

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Jul 26, 2015 10:20 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 26, 2015 11:56 AM

Could you be more specific about the clips you are trying to transcode? Are they on a card or is there a copy of the card on your Mac? If you have the card or copy have you tried Log & Transfer in Final Cut Pro?

Please open in QuickTime, hit Command-i to bring up the Inspector. Post a screen shot of the report.

Just to say that IMO, HQ is overkill for just about any flavor of H.264. But it won't hurt anything if you want to use it.

Russ

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 26, 2015 11:56 AM in response to clairefromhessle

Could you be more specific about the clips you are trying to transcode? Are they on a card or is there a copy of the card on your Mac? If you have the card or copy have you tried Log & Transfer in Final Cut Pro?

Please open in QuickTime, hit Command-i to bring up the Inspector. Post a screen shot of the report.

Just to say that IMO, HQ is overkill for just about any flavor of H.264. But it won't hurt anything if you want to use it.

Russ

File conversion problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.