Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 5 malware & adware attack

I tried to use Safari today and after trying to visit a site that didn't come up, I get this pop up directing me to http://247pcsupportsquard.com stating "Critical Security Warning! Your Mac is infected with a malicious Malware & Adware attack. Please contact tech support at +1-844-635-2914 and provide error code 546DFSD to scan and resolve any potential threats to your personal and financial information, which was being tracked by suspicious connection. Consequently we are performing additional security checks to verify the source of the attack and have halted all your system resources in order to prevent any additional damage to your system and information. Please call customer service at +1-844-635-2914 to resolve issues." Then it has "OK".

It won't let me go to any other site. Anyone run into this problem?

iPhone 5, iOS 8.4

Posted on Jul 26, 2015 10:40 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 26, 2015 10:43 AM

That is absolutely a scam, do not call the number. Go to Settings > Safari > Clear History and Clear Cookies and Data.

Reboot by holding both the power and home buttons until the apple logo appears, about 10-40 seconds, release both buttons and let it finish the restart.

6 replies

Jul 30, 2015 2:43 PM in response to parkerae

I Just had this happen to me. I was in a panic, which I usually am not, and called the number. I started to let the person access my computer then got the iPad out to check this forum. Wish I did before I gave him the serial number. Do you think that is enough to to infiltrate my computer, or could I have stopped it in time. I cannot believe I was so stupid.

iPhone 5 malware & adware attack

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.