Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What size SIM Card for int'l travel for iPad?

I am traveling to Italy and want advice on what size sim card I need to have iPad Internet access. It has an ATT SIM that I have activated when I buy month-to-month service.

My iPad model is MH2P2LL/A

Also, any recommendations on buying the card in the US or waiting until I get to the Rome airport?

Thank you

iPad Air, iOS 8.4

Posted on Jul 26, 2015 11:41 AM

2 replies

Jul 28, 2015 10:25 AM in response to C Nelson

Hi C Nelson,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!

I understand that you will be traveling to a different country and have questions about cellular usage on your iPad. For information about using your iPad in a different country, please read over the attached article below.

iPhone and iPad: Using cellular networks while in another country - Apple Support

Best regards

Jul 28, 2015 11:08 AM in response to C Nelson

C Nelson wrote:

My iPad model is MH2P2LL/A

Also, any recommendations on buying the card in the US or waiting until I get to the Rome airport?

That's an iPad Air 2 so it uses nano SIM card, the smallest SIM. I don't think you can purchase SIM cards from Italian mobile network provider anywhere in the USA. So you gotta wait until you get there. One thing you should do is test your device with t-mobile nano SIM card to make sure it isn't locked to AT&T network. Borrow someone else's t-mobile nano SIM card for the test.

What size SIM Card for int'l travel for iPad?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.