Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ipod hiding music from albums but will show it when searching

I have a 5th Gen Ipod touch, recently installed with the new music layout update. I have updated my itunes recently with the newest version. I was sitting down the other day and I realized that some of my music was, as I perceived at the time, to be missing. I re-synced my ipod and it did show all of my music on my ipod, but it is missing multiple albums (75 to be exact) under the tab "artists". What I have to do is go search for the albums to be able to listen to the music as it does not show up under "artists". I have also scanned my computer and taken all precautions to ensure that my computer is not affecting either software or device, but the problem has been isolated down to itunes or the device itself.

I have been trying to fix this problem the past few days by wiping both my Ipod and uninstalling itunes several times, restoring both from defaults, etc. This is not my first time having trouble with itunes and ipods, in fact, this is the 6th time, I created a new account after losing my last one, and again, I am disappointed that I have to go through these troubles again, and its something so simple and small.

iPod touch, iOS 8.4, 5th Gen

Posted on Jul 26, 2015 11:06 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 26, 2015 12:03 PM

I think it's possible the albums are classified as compilations. At the top of the Artist page on your iPod tap "Artist" and select "Compilation". They might show up then. I had quite a few like that. If that's the case you can go into iTunes, right click on those tracks and uncheck the "Album is a compilation …" check box. Then sync the iPod.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 26, 2015 12:03 PM in response to BlackAshPhoenix

I think it's possible the albums are classified as compilations. At the top of the Artist page on your iPod tap "Artist" and select "Compilation". They might show up then. I had quite a few like that. If that's the case you can go into iTunes, right click on those tracks and uncheck the "Album is a compilation …" check box. Then sync the iPod.

Jul 30, 2015 11:49 AM in response to BlackAshPhoenix

I have exactly the same problem. I have reset ipod touch twice and synced whole collection, the same albums are 'missing' but if I search for specific tracks off those missing albums the tracks are there. It is as if the music is not recognised in 'album' format but everything looks perfect on mac in iTunes. Both mac and touch have latest update 12.2.1.16. With 10000 tracks and 659 albums I cannot just browse albums and have to remember specifc tracks names to find them! I've tried comparing 'get info' data but can see no reason why some albums appear to be missing. When touch connected to mac I can see albums are on device!!!! Also when missing albums are connected to playlist they will appear. I'm told could be code glitch between itunes update for mac and touch not being fully compatable? and will have to wait for Apple to fix their end and produce an update.

Ipod hiding music from albums but will show it when searching

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.