Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 5s heats up quickly after iOS 8.4

Hey guys,

my iPhone 5s heats up quickly after iOS 8.4. The iPhone is only 7 month old. Have anywere else the same problem ? I am only in Facebook and already my iPhone 5s is hot. Comes from Apple Music the Problems ? Is my battery now broken ?

Sorry, my english is not so gut. I am from germany ;-)

regards... 😀

Posted on Jul 26, 2015 11:50 AM

1 reply

Jul 28, 2015 10:35 AM in response to Rabi_00

Hello there, Rabi_00.

It sounds like since updating your iPhone 5s to iOS 8.4 you feel it is running hot and may be broken. Depending on the warmth of the iPhone, this can be normal behavior. The following Knowledge Base article provides some great information in regards to just that:

Keeping iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch within acceptable operating temperatures - Apple Support

When using the device or charging the battery, it is normal for it to get warm. The exterior of the device functions as a cooling surface that transfers heat from inside the device to the cooler air outside.

Your iPhone will warn you if it is over heating, and if it needs to, it will shut itself down. As long as you have not experienced this warning, what you are sensing may be normal. If you believe the temperature is a concern, you can isolate the issue by restoring your iPhone as new. This will help you identify whether it is a hardware or software issue:

Use iTunes to restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings - Apple Support

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities.

Cheers.

iPhone 5s heats up quickly after iOS 8.4

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.