Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Just updated new itunes software and now ipod classic won't sync to music. This is the 80G version.

Just updated new itunes software and now ipod classic won't sync to music. This is the 80G version.

iPod classic

Posted on Jul 26, 2015 12:20 PM

4 replies

Jul 27, 2015 5:50 AM in response to SFDocphil

For general advice see Troubleshooting issues with iTunes for Windows updates.

The steps in the second box are a guide to removing everything related to iTunes and then rebuilding it which is often a good starting point unless the symptoms indicate a more specific approach.

Review the other boxes and the list of support documents further down the page in case one of them applies.

The further information area has direct links to the current and recent builds in case you have problems downloading, need to revert to an older version or want to try the iTunes for Windows (64-bit - for older video cards) release as a workaround for installation or performance issues, or compatibility with QuickTime or third party software.

Your library and device backups should be unaffected by these steps but there are also links to backup and recovery advice should it be needed.

If the issue persists and you have a 64-bit system try the for older video cards version which is a 64-bit installer for mostly 32-bit code, similar to all 64-bit versions of iTunes up to 12.1.

tt2

Jul 28, 2015 9:18 AM in response to turingtest2

I have a similar problem!

I have spent several hours trying to update my 80Gb I-pod Classic from my I-Tunes library (held on a separate hard drive, which I have identified as the source of I-Tunes Music). The Sync did not happen as it used to (I uploaded the latest version of I-Tunes a couple of weeks ago). In desperation, I restored my I-pod to factory settings, thinking this would help - I now have no music on my I-pod, but 17,000+ tracks on my computer, which will not transfer!

Any bright ideas???

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.