Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

siri no longer works, neither does voice transcription

Somwhere over the past few weeks, Siri stopped listening.

I hold the home button down to activate Siri, and start talking. It is like she's completely deaf - after a few seconds, suggestions show up, but she never hears anything.

Voice translation doesn't work at all, either.

I have done a complete backup / restore through itunes, with no change in behavior.

iPhone 6, iOS 8.4

Posted on Jul 26, 2015 10:40 AM

6 replies

Jul 26, 2015 10:51 AM in response to AJ397

I went to try (losing all my settings will SUCK), and started to back up, and I get this:

The password you entered to protect your iPhone backup could not be set. Please try again.

It's the same password as the last tone I entered, and even choosing something new doesn't work.

So I can't back it up. I mean, it backs up to iCloud, but I don't have 3 weeks for the restore to happen.

siri no longer works, neither does voice transcription

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.