Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't see my home share iTunes with iPad music after upgrade?

Can't see my iTunes music from my iPad 2, it worked well for months and I can still acces iTunes through my iPhone 4 music app and with Apple TV so iTunes on my pic. Is ok but can no longer see my PC via ipad music?

Posted on Jul 26, 2015 12:58 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 27, 2015 11:53 AM

Unfortunately home sharing for music was removed with the recent iOS 8.4 update.

4 replies

Jul 27, 2015 1:42 PM in response to Winston Churchill

Winston, thank you very much for clearing that up, very helpful. I only wish I knew why Apple would remove one of the most useful features from the iPad!,,...Oh wait a moment it's probably to squeeze more money from the consumer! and push them to sign up to Apple music..? This is very unhelpful, I live in the south atlantic where internet access and mobile communication is very expensive, it is not unlimited broadband and any form of streaming or downloading is prohibitively expensive, so I can't use services like iCloud, spotify or Apple music and now Apple has taken away the ability for me to listen to my own music in my own home! I'm back to sitting in the room with my PC if I want to listen! So frustrating!

Well done Apple! Think I'll have to invest elsewhere for my mobile music!

but thanks again Winston for clearing that up.

Can't see my home share iTunes with iPad music after upgrade?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.