Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

So, what good is Time Machine really?

My Macbook Pro unexpectedly quit and I eventually had to erase and start over. I have been running Time Machine religiously, so I thought I was golden. I have tried to load a (different) Time Machine backup twice. Each time it says it will take around 135 hours! Really? Almost 6 DAYS to copy? Then, at the end I get a message saying either an error occurred and it was unable to complete the recovery and to try again, or at "approximately less than a minute remaining." it stops for hours and hours doing nothing. After rebooting, I'm back with a blank hard drive.

Am I resigned to manually rebuilding my whole system and then copying individual files from my backups? It seems to me that Time Machine is worth about what I paid for it.

Very frustrated. If anyone has ANY suggestions, I'm open to try anything at this point.

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Jul 26, 2015 11:25 AM

1 reply

So, what good is Time Machine really?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.