Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to eject unseen disc from iMac

Hi,

Couldn't find section for Stupid Moves!

I let someone use the iMac and...they inserted a tiny disc, which came with the TP-Link router!! Of course, the disc image does not show up on the desktop, nor will it reject with a restart + holding down mouse key.

Please, be kind :]

Thank you,

Kate

iMac, OS X Yosemite (10.10.4), HK Sound Sticks + iSub

Posted on Jul 26, 2015 1:11 PM

3 replies

Jul 26, 2015 1:20 PM in response to blueCdreams

The usual procedures for removing that type of disc won't work as your Mac can't recognize the disc, that's why it's not showing up on the desktop.

http://www.cnet.com/forums/discussions/retrieving-small-disc-from-macbook-cd-dvd -slot-393892/

You're probably going to have to take the iMac to an Apple Store or Apple Certified Repair Provider > Apple - Find Locations

Better to not try and remove the disc yourself as that may cause internal hardware damage.

We see posts here all the time where non standard discs end up in the CD/DVD slot. It happens.

Aug 2, 2015 3:43 PM in response to Carolyn Samit

Oddly, the tiny disc popped out today! I was trying to fix another issue, having to do with the recent Yosemite upgrade & subsequent loss of sound out put from my beloved Original USB Sticks & iSub speaker system! Seems as though ever other update brings the same issue until the programmers remember those of us who still have USB connections :]

Nov 7, 2015 6:39 PM in response to blueCdreams

On that latter topic, any tips you have for getting the original HK Sound Sticks back? I'm on a Mac Mini with Yosemite at the moment (also didn't work under Mavericks) and have tried everything I've found on various discussions to no avail. Very frustrating as this is a USB connection and should be pretty straight forward but the HK SS don't show in System Preferences or in System Profiler. I am missing their beautiful sound...

how to eject unseen disc from iMac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.