Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

tried to update ipad, now it won't backup

I backed up my ipad onto my computer today before trying the IOS 8.4 update. I tried to do the update, and it said I didn't have enough room. So, I took some things off, and tried again. It went through the drill, then said an error occurred when backing up (no numbered error, just an error). I tried several times, then restarted my computer and the ipad. This time I went to just back up onto the computer, and the same error message occurred. Suggestions???

iPad Mini, iOS 8.3

Posted on Jul 26, 2015 1:05 PM

1 reply

Jul 28, 2015 12:11 PM in response to jeckel13

Hi jeckel13,

I'm sorry to hear you are having these issues with your iPad and the most recent update. If you are having issues backing up your iPad to either iTunes or iCloud, you may find the troubleshooting steps outlined in the following articles helpful:

If you can't make an iTunes backup of your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Get help backing up your device in iCloud - Apple Support

If you are able to backup, but are still unable to do the update, you may also find this article useful:

If you can't update or restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Regards

tried to update ipad, now it won't backup

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.