Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is there a file size limit for music uploads to iCloud Music Library?

Hi, I have a query regarding the size of files which I want to upload to iCloud Music Library. I haven't really had any issues, but I have when it comes to large files over 100MB. I have a couple of large MP3 files of concerts which I had ripped as single files, some of which are upwards of 150MB. While they show up on my iphone in My Music, when I press play, the new play window appears momentarily but then dissappears, as if the file is not there. Is this purely a size issue (as size matter apparently) or should I be patient and see if the files upload over the course of a few days? I have also created Apple lossless versions of the files, but they have not appeared either. I am running the most up to date iTunes on a Windows 7 laptop, and using an iPhone 5C

I guess I'm one of the lucky few who has had no issues with Apple Music so far, my library of music incliding some rare oddities of electronic music history, uploaded fine over the course of a few days. I'm not sure if I'll take out a subscription though. Beats just does nothing for me, Connect is just a gimmick, though the playlists suggested have certainly been on the money compared to Spotify. Once I can get to my own music I will be happy, and I have uploaded all my stuff to Google Music as well just in case, though its song matching was inferior to Apple.

Anyway, I hope it's a simple answer to my query

Joe

iPhone 3GS, iOS 6.0.1

Posted on Jul 26, 2015 1:07 PM

3 replies

Is there a file size limit for music uploads to iCloud Music Library?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.