Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Recover Missing iPhoto File

I recently migrated from an old Mac Mini to a new Mac Mini running Yosemite 10.10.4 and now I can't find my iPhoto file. When I click on iPhoto, it's empty. The new "Photos" file only has the photos from my iPhone and iPad. I have an external hard drive attached, but it shows the same thing. I searched Time Machine, same thing. My one saving grace is that I have another external hard drive that probably has my iPhoto file, but I'm afraid to attach it for fear that it will "update" to the new "empty" file before I get a chance to retrieve it.

Can I turn off the update feature somewhere before attaching this other external hard drive? My husband always handled my "technical" things, but unfortunately he passed away a month ago. Please help me . . . . . . Most appreciated!

One other question . . . If I get this to work, will the iPhoto file automatically migrate into the new Photos file or will I have to do something to get it there?

Thanks for your consideration . . . .

Mac mini, OS X Yosemite (10.10.4)

Posted on Jul 26, 2015 2:10 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 26, 2015 2:25 PM

connect the drive and drag the iPhoto library to your main drive - eject the hard drive and open the iPhoto library you just drug to the desktop and let it update as needed

LN

1 reply

Recover Missing iPhoto File

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.