Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

'Arrange Music Tracks' Does Not Work

I'm not sure why something like this is not asked and addressed already. Rearranging music clips really shouldn't be difficult. So when you click on 'Arrange Music Tracks', a list of music tracks is displayed. It also says you can rearrange the tracks by dragging them, but no matter how much i click and drag, nothing happens. All i can do is select them but that is all. Why is this function clearly not work?

Posted on Jul 26, 2015 3:31 PM

3 replies

Jul 28, 2015 12:59 PM in response to Darkuser999

Hi Darkuser999,

I'm sorry to hear you are having these issue with iMovie. If you are having issues reordering the music clips in your project, you may want to double-check the process outlined in the following article:

If your project has two or more background music clips, you can change the order in which they play in your project.

To change the order of background music clips:

1. With your project open in the Project browser, choose Clip > Arrange Music Tracks.

The Clip menu appears in a light gray bar across the top of your computer screen.

2. In the Floating Music Tracks field, drag the song titles to change their order.

Floating music includes any background music that isn’t pinned (attached) to video in your project.

3. If you want to rearrange a track that you’ve pinned to video, select its title in the Pinned Music Tracks field and click Unpin Track.

The unpinned track reappears in the list of floating music, where you can drag to set its order in the list. After the track is unpinned, it no longer moves with the video it was pinned to.

4. When you’re satisfied with the arrangement of songs, click OK.

iMovie '11: Change the order of background music

Regards

Jul 29, 2015 7:11 AM in response to Darkuser999

Hi Darkuser999,

Thank you for using the Apple Support Communities; I'm sorry to hear you are still having this issue. If you have gone through the above linked article completely and iMovie still isn't behaving as expected or described, you may be better served by reaching out to one of Apple's other available resources for more direct assistance - https://getsupport.apple.com/GetproductgroupList.action

Regards

'Arrange Music Tracks' Does Not Work

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.