Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone photos only sporadically appearing on laptop.

I am totally frustrated. Since updating to iOS 8.4 strange things have happened with our photos. We do not store them in iCloud but used the "My Photo Stream" to automatically send to all of our iCloud devices when connected to Wi-Fi. Somehow, without us changing settings, this is not happening.

Previously we shared across my iPhone 6, husband's iPhone 5S, my MacBook Pro, and our iPad 2. Since the iOS update or sometime around June, the following has happened:

Neither iPhone shares photos with the other (kind of). It is hit and miss (mostly miss).

My Photo Stream used to duplicate my Camera Roll. Again, it is hit and miss. Took two photos of a FedEx box last week that had damage. Camera Roll had both photos, Photo Stream only has one.

Laptop is rarely receiving any photos although it did catch the two of the boxes that were taken in the house using my iPhone 6.

Meanwhile iPad 2 seems to be getting the photos from both iPhones.

Here is what I want to achieve: All photos are shared between the four devices, using Wi-Fi, and without storing the photos in the Cloud. That's what used to happen and I'd like instructions as to how to get that to happen again. Thanks.

iPhone 6, iOS 8

Posted on Jul 26, 2015 2:48 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 28, 2015 12:45 PM

Greetings Jerseygirl01,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!

I understand that you are not seeing some photos from My Photo Stream across your devices. To begin troubleshooting this situation, I would recommend reading over and working through the steps outlined in the attached article below.

Get help using My Photo Stream - Apple Support

Cheers

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 28, 2015 12:45 PM in response to Jerseygirl01

Greetings Jerseygirl01,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!

I understand that you are not seeing some photos from My Photo Stream across your devices. To begin troubleshooting this situation, I would recommend reading over and working through the steps outlined in the attached article below.

Get help using My Photo Stream - Apple Support

Cheers

Jul 28, 2015 5:19 PM in response to AppleJoe

Thanks Joe, that article did help me. The first set of instructions seemed to fix the problem (delete Photo Stream and then re-enable). The iPhone 6 now has all the photos that I recently took. Also the laptop updated the Photos.

One comment. While reading the various instructions and looking at my devices, I was totally unable to find an automatically update/upload selection on the laptop preferences while in Photos. At this point this isn't an issue but just wondered why I can't find that option.

Thanks for your help as this has been a problem for two months now. DBL

iPhone photos only sporadically appearing on laptop.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.