Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook (Retina, 12-inch, early 2015) wifi fails to reconnect after sleep even though the icon appears to show it's connected

Hi,

I recently purchased the new 2015 MacBook in May, and I've been having irksome issues with the wifi failing to reconnect after it wakes up from sleep. I have tried nearly every troubleshooting method I could find on other threads, but nothing seems to have worked.

After the MacBook goes to sleep, the wifi icon is fully lit, but when I try to load a webpage, it behaves exactly as it does when there is no connection. After I click the wifi off and then back on, everything is fine.

I've went into Network many times, removed the my wifi from my preferred networks, re-added it, and it never works.

Any insight would be great.

Thank you!

MacBook (Retina, 12-inch, Early 2015), OS X Yosemite (10.10.4)

Posted on Jul 26, 2015 2:05 PM

1 reply

Jul 26, 2015 4:02 PM in response to capel10

The warranty entitles you to complimentary phone support for the first 90 days of ownership.

If you bought the product in the U.S. directly from Apple (not from a reseller), you have 14 days from the date of delivery in which to exchange or return it for a refund. In other countries, the return policy may be different. If you bought from a reseller, its return policy applies.

Macbook (Retina, 12-inch, early 2015) wifi fails to reconnect after sleep even though the icon appears to show it's connected

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.