Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't find Legacy after tweaking setting on Logic Pro X

Hi,

I recently downloaded Logic Pro X on my iMac and downloaded the 40GB+ additional data that gives one more plug-ins etc.

I then followed the instructions (Steps 1, 1a and 2) of this guy on YouTube who runs a helpful channel called MusicTechHelpGuy.

Since then the Legacy option has been missing (it was visible earlier) and many plug-ins are suddenly not accessible anymore. After furiously Googling for solutions I found out that if one holds down the option button on the keyboard there are a few options that pop up when the settings tab is clicked on. However, this still does not show me any option for clicking on "Legacy" and the amp settings I can access are very minimal.

Is there any magical way to make this all go away and help me start afresh without having to download the 40GB+ worth of data all over again?

I will really appreciate any help in this matter!!

Cheers!!

iMac, OS X Yosemite (10.10.4)

Posted on Jul 26, 2015 8:35 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 27, 2015 12:24 AM

The menu that opens when you click on the Setting Button (on top of the Channel Strip) automatically should display the Legacy submenu. Also, the Library window should display that Legacy emenu. Only for the Plugin Menus (clicking on the PLuin button) you have to hold down the option key to display the additional Legacy submenu.

User uploaded file

Hope that helps

Edgar Rothermich - LogicProGEM.com

(Author of the "Graphically Enhanced Manuals")

http://DingDingMusic.com/Manuals/

'I may receive some form of compensation, financial or otherwise, from my recommendation or link.'

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 27, 2015 12:24 AM in response to jodaromi

The menu that opens when you click on the Setting Button (on top of the Channel Strip) automatically should display the Legacy submenu. Also, the Library window should display that Legacy emenu. Only for the Plugin Menus (clicking on the PLuin button) you have to hold down the option key to display the additional Legacy submenu.

User uploaded file

Hope that helps

Edgar Rothermich - LogicProGEM.com

(Author of the "Graphically Enhanced Manuals")

http://DingDingMusic.com/Manuals/

'I may receive some form of compensation, financial or otherwise, from my recommendation or link.'

Can't find Legacy after tweaking setting on Logic Pro X

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.