Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhoto won't open

Whether I click on if in my application folder or using my launchpad it just won't open. In fact nothing happens. It's as if I haven't clicked on anything at all. I have tried restarting my Mac but nothing?

I have a MacBook Pro and i'm currently running Yosemite.

Not sure where to start and any hep would be great, thanks.

MacBook Pro (13-inch Early 2011), OS X Yosemite (10.10.1)

Posted on Jul 26, 2015 10:42 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 26, 2015 11:03 PM

Whether I click on if in my application folder or using my launchpad it just won't open. In fact nothing happens.

Which version of iPhoto do you have? And where is iPhoto installed?

Ctrl-click iPhoto in the Dock, then select "Options" from the contextual menu and use "Show in Finder". Is it installed in your Applications folder?

Does iPhoto appear to be crossed out?

Have you updated to iPhoto 9.6.1? With Yosemite 10.10.3 you need to update to iPhoto 9.6.1.

Barney-15E's user tip explains how to update to iPhoto 9.6.1 by reinstalling your purchase. Get iPhoto 9.6.1 if you didn't update before OS X 10.10.3

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 26, 2015 11:03 PM in response to MeggiePeggles

Whether I click on if in my application folder or using my launchpad it just won't open. In fact nothing happens.

Which version of iPhoto do you have? And where is iPhoto installed?

Ctrl-click iPhoto in the Dock, then select "Options" from the contextual menu and use "Show in Finder". Is it installed in your Applications folder?

Does iPhoto appear to be crossed out?

Have you updated to iPhoto 9.6.1? With Yosemite 10.10.3 you need to update to iPhoto 9.6.1.

Barney-15E's user tip explains how to update to iPhoto 9.6.1 by reinstalling your purchase. Get iPhoto 9.6.1 if you didn't update before OS X 10.10.3

iPhoto won't open

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.