Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

can see but cannot restore item on time machine

Hello,

I recently realized that the content of one of ma favorite iTunes playlist was gone...empty. The playlist is still there but empty. It used to be saved podcasts from my favorite radio.

I tried to find the content in my music library...nothing... in my podcasts...nothing... in the thrash, nothing.

So I used time machine a few days ago and if I search for the content I can find it but clicking restore does not make anything except stop the time machine without restoring and right clicking the item does not give me the opportunity to chose where to restore it. If I check the info I also cannot see where it should be stored... all I know is that it's on "my mac" when I search for it. But once restored, I cannot find it on my mac.

I have the feeling there is some kind of bug when I try to restore as maybe the location where it was supposed to be is not there anymore... could it be the problem ?

I am running on OS 10.9.5 and iTunes 12.2.1

Thank you in advance for any useful info.

iMac, OS X Mavericks (10.9.5), 2,93GHz, iCore7

Posted on Jul 26, 2015 5:22 PM

2 replies

Jul 27, 2015 4:38 PM in response to Eric Root

Thank you Eric but I don't have any error message. All seems to backup fine...

I managed to see where the files where before and I know now that they were in another HD that is not included in the time machine.

What is strange is that I can see all of them when I search for them in the time machine (search this mac)... but clicking on restore does not restore them. and right clicking does not allow me to restore them somewhere else neither to know where they are located... But it looks like all the file that you search for on time machine do not allow you to restore them in another place...

So those files were stored in another HD but my imac sees them somewhere when I search in it's time machine... weird huh ?

can see but cannot restore item on time machine

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.