Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I install IOS 7 on my iPhone 4s, instead of IOS 8?

I have an iPhone 4S running IOS 6.1.3.

I would like to install IOS 7. I have a download claiming to be the latest 7 available. The download is named:

iPhone4,1_7.0_11A465_Restore.ipsw

Going through iTunes on my iMac, or through the Software Update in my General Settings on the phone, it only gives me the choice of upgrading to IOS 8.4.

I don't want IOS 8 on my 4S. It will slow it way down and it's designed for a bigger screen. I have a few apps I'd like to download that require IOS 7 or higher.

Is there a way to install the download I have, or get an IOS 7 that I can install?

Thanks for any help.

iPhone 4S, iOS 6.1.3

Posted on Jul 26, 2015 6:16 PM

13 replies

Jul 27, 2015 1:04 PM in response to deggie

Would you talk a little more about the differences, and potential deficits, or lack there of, of using IOS 8.4 on an iPhone 4S?

I had read some posts that said 8 was designed to have more icons on the home page, and of slow hanging up and sometimes freezing of the screen when doing some functions that involve downloading.

I can't go back if I upgrade and don't want to render the phone a doorstop.

Thanks.

Can I install IOS 7 on my iPhone 4s, instead of IOS 8?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.