Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Where are attachments from email saved in Photo

I just purchased a new iMac that runs OS X and have Photo. When I receive an email w/a photo i right click and select "Export to Photo." When I open Photo, i cannot find the image i just imported. I have thousands of photos in my library. Where do i find it? Thanks

OS X Yosemite (10.10.4)

Posted on Jul 26, 2015 6:34 PM

7 replies

Jul 27, 2015 6:15 PM in response to LarryHN

Thanks, but this didn't work. When i click in the image the option is "export to iPhoto" (in my original post i said it was 'export to Photo'). I assume this doesn't work b/c i no linger have iPhoto. The options I get are below. I simply want to put a photo I received via email into my Photo library. What do you recommend?

Thanks for your assistance,

PCK

User uploaded file

Aug 7, 2015 3:58 PM in response to LarryHN

Larry,

You were so helpful w/ my last question, I thought I'd add on to it. If this is not the proper way to ask questions in the support community, please let me know.

Is there a "Last Import" folder in Photo? This is the situation. I already have 600+ photos in an album. These were taken on an DSLR. I want to add photos (100+) from my phone that were taken on the same trip into a NEW album. When I import the photos from the phone they are placed in "Photos" rather than the last import folder that was used in iPhoto. The problem is that they appear to be sorted by date thus intermingling them with photos for the existing album. Is there any way to keep the last import "isolated" from all photos until I create an album for them?

Thanks for your advice,

Peter

Where are attachments from email saved in Photo

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.