Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't install iTunes 12.2.1.16 on PC. Any ideas?

One of our PCs is running a clean install of Windows 10 (RTM), and I'm trying to put iTunes on it.

When I do, I get this:

User uploaded file

And, after clicking "OK," I get this:

User uploaded file

Any ideas concerning what I can do to get the latest iTunes to install on Windows 10?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Posted on Jul 26, 2015 7:30 PM

3 replies

Jul 30, 2015 6:07 PM in response to Rysz

Although I tried your very logical suggestions, Rysz--and multiple times--they did not work in this instance. I think this is because I was running an RTM version of Windows 10 and not the final version.

This morning, though, I was able to install iTunes, but only after the final version of Windows 10 Pro had become available, and was downloaded and installed on my PC. The final version of Windows 10 (and not the RTM version) was what seemed to fix the issue.

Thank you, however, for taking the time to respond to me. Should I have any serious problems with iTunes on Windows in the future--now that I have the final version of Windows 10--your very reasonable suggestions may well fix the issue.

Can't install iTunes 12.2.1.16 on PC. Any ideas?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.