Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Retina MBP do not power up after sleeping for few days

I have a macbook retina 2012.

It was at 56% when i closed the lid, and then i had to leave the town on an emergency basis.

After I got back after a week, it didn't wake (which it should have), so i pressed the power button. Did not help.

I reset the SMC, the light did went from orange to green, but power did not come back.

I forced start it (took the power chord out, pressed the power button while keeping the power chord out for 10 seconds, put in the power chord)

The system did came to life, but it showed no battery found with fans working at full speed.

turned off the system, Reset the SMC again, but the system did not come to life.

It has been on power for around 3 hours now. What could have been wrong?

//mouse

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on Jul 26, 2015 6:16 PM

1 reply

Jul 28, 2015 2:16 PM in response to debuggerpk

Hi debuggerpk,

I'm sorry to hear you are having these issues with your MacBook Pro. If you are unable to charge the battery on your MBP or the battery isn't recognized, even after resetting the SMC, you may find the troubleshooting steps outlined in the following article helpful, up to and including contacting Apple Support directly or taking it in for evaluation/service if necessary:

About Mac notebook batteries - Apple Support

OS X Yosemite: If an X appears on the battery icon in the menu bar

Cheers

Retina MBP do not power up after sleeping for few days

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.