Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Virus on Imac. Can't use internet browser. Pls help.

Hi this is not my problem but a friend has got a virus on his computer and he can't use his internet browser so im asking for help for him, I have no clue about macs. But he went to download something and I guess he has no internet protection against viruses. He sent me this image of what it looks like, this happens when he opens his internet browser. When he clicks 'ok' the message constantly pops us and won't go away, he sent me a video but I can't attach it for some reason it constantly says 'security alert and to call the number for support' but I know it's just a scam. Can someone please help, as I don't use mac, I only know how to remove viruses on Windows.

User uploaded file

Posted on Jul 26, 2015 8:49 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 26, 2015 8:51 PM

Choose Force Quit from the Apple menu, close Safari, and then launch it with the Shift key held down. If the message reappears, disconnect the computer from the Internet for long enough to erase that site from the browser history. It's possible but unlikely that this issue is caused by adware; if so, download and run MalwareBytes for Mac, using a different web browser if needed.

(130840)

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 26, 2015 8:51 PM in response to Little-miss-sb

Choose Force Quit from the Apple menu, close Safari, and then launch it with the Shift key held down. If the message reappears, disconnect the computer from the Internet for long enough to erase that site from the browser history. It's possible but unlikely that this issue is caused by adware; if so, download and run MalwareBytes for Mac, using a different web browser if needed.

(130840)

Virus on Imac. Can't use internet browser. Pls help.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.