Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Siri creates duplicate reminders if you correct misheard words

I think this has only recently been a problem in the last (or second to last) software update. But now I notice that if I dictate a reminder to Siri, and she interprets it wrong, and I click the blue squiggly lines to select a different interpretation, and then create the reminder -- it creates TWO reminders. The first one is the misheard reminder, and the second is the corrected one. This makes no sense. I swear that previously it would only create ONE reminder AFTER you corrected it.

So if I say "Remind me tomorrow at 7pm to get a pizza" and Siri hears "Remind me tomorrow at 7pm to get Pete" and I click on "Pete" to change it to "a pizza" it will create TWO reminders for 7pm tomorrow. One that says "Get Pete" and another that says "Get a pizza".

It does it EVERY TIME I correct Siri, and it doesn't matter if I select one of the built-in corrections (blue squiggly) or if I manually edit the input with the keyboard.

I can't believe this bug got through. Help?

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.4

Posted on Jul 26, 2015 9:14 PM

6 replies

Aug 2, 2017 10:52 AM in response to lewiscape

Yup, still an issue in even the latest iOS releases. I submitted an official bug report (#2450034) logs and screenshots, and I usually get a reply asking for some more info, but nothing else requested this time. What's unfortunate is that this is seen all over the OS now - strength in core features and a complete disintegration of the finer details and overall UI responsiveness. Well...let me stop there, I feel a rant coming on. I must also restate that this was not an issue upon first release, and was working wonderfully. Why, oh why, does something like this happen and left torn, blowing in the wind??

Sep 27, 2015 4:39 PM in response to bengarland

I went to the Apple Store and talked to a Genius. They said it was something faulty with the iOS software on my phone. Unfortunately, this is wrong. I just got a new iPhone 6s Plus and it does the same thing. Then I took my old iPhone 5S, erased it, restored it, and set up as new without putting in any of my personal info, iCloud login, etc. It also creates duplicate reminders if you correct what Siri heard the first time. This is a huge bug!!!

Like I will say "Remind me in an hour to bake the pizza" and Siri will hear "Remind me in an hour to bake a pizza" ("a" instead of "the"). I'll then tap to correct the "a" to "the" and Siri will repeat the corrected reminder. Seems fine. But when I go to the Reminders app, there have been two reminders created... one with "Bake the pizza" and one with "Bake a pizza". This is not the correct behavior.

Anyone?

Siri creates duplicate reminders if you correct misheard words

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.