Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have purchased a new macbook and my pictures did not transfer over via the cloud. Please help

I have purchased a new macbook and my pictures that were on my previous macbook, which should have been saved to the cloud did not transfer over. Please help.

MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch,Early 2015), iOS 8.4

Posted on Jul 26, 2015 9:07 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 26, 2015 9:12 PM

Is iCloud turned on on your new MB? System Preferences > iCloud Sign in. Photos check box enabled. Then in Photos, Photos > Preference iCloud tab checked and other options set to your desire?

6 replies

Jul 27, 2015 11:37 PM in response to joyceann9

Check your picture folder for large photo libraries. It should be in finder under your hard drive name Macintosh HD, then your name, then pictures. If there is more than one, your photos could be in the older modified date one. I'm not sure what to do with it though. I don't know what happens if you open it. If it is there start another thread noting the situation how to merge two photo libraries, one iphoto one photos. Hopefully there are two or more. Include a link to this discussion (Re: I have purchased a new macbook and my pictures did not transfer over via the cloud. Please help)

I have purchased a new macbook and my pictures did not transfer over via the cloud. Please help

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.