Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Zeus trojan

I received an email today from my internet provider saying "One or more of the computers behind your cable modem are likely infected with the Zeus Trojan/bot, also known as Zbot." Any suggestions on which antivirus/malware can scan for this. I have read its mainly a windows virus but I wouldn't be surprised if I got it because recently I have been trading files with a windows user. I running OS X Yosemite 10.10.3.

Also if there is a better community to post this in please advise.

iMac (24-inch Early 2009)

Posted on Jul 26, 2015 8:26 PM

1 reply

Jul 27, 2015 12:47 PM in response to BigSkyflyer

Hello BigSkyflyer,

This seems to be a popular marketing campaign by ISPs to sell antivirus software. This malware only runs on Windows, so you are, of course, immune.

Here are many similar stories from Apple Support Communities: Zeus Trojan site:discussions.apple.com

I think the most effective "fix" was posted by ~Bee at the end of this thread: Any info on Macs and the ZEUS Trojan malware? My Cable provider has sent us an alert. We changed our Airport password but they still say we have an alert.

Zeus trojan

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.